Dietetics is a healthcare profession that specialises in the interpretation and communication of nutrition science to enable people to make informed and practical choices about the food they eat, to promote health and wellbeing, and prevent and/or manage nutrition-related illness. Our experienced dietitian is university qualified and accredited with the Dietitians Association of Australia. She applies a client-centred approach, offering advice tailored for the individual, whilst providing support and motivation in a friendly and non-judgemental manner to assist clients in making sustainable lifestyle changes to optimise their health.
A referral is not necessary to see a dietitian. Michelle is able to offer assistance and interventions within the following areas:
• General Nutrition and Healthy Eating advice
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
• Food Allergies and Intolerances
• Coeliac Disease
• High Cholesterol
• Anaemia / Low Iron
• High Blood Pressure
• Diabetes (Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational Diabetes)
• Malnutrition and Nutrition Support
Michelle specialises in sports nutrition and has completed additional studies and practical experience to gain accreditation with Sports Dietitians Australia. She has experience working with both teams and individual athletes in a variety of sports including rugby, triathlon and ultra-endurance events, giving her the knowledge and skills that can help you optimise your sporting performance and achieve your sporting and exercise goals.
An Accredited Sports Dietitian can assist with:
• Event / race day nutrition plans
• Recovery nutrition
• Maximising energy levels
• Body composition
• Supplement education and advice
• General nutrition and healthy eating advice
Additional services available by our Accredited Sports Dietitian:
• Sweat testing – the determination of sweat rate and sweat sodium concentration to assist in the development of hydration and fuelling strategies for training and race day.
• Skinfold testing – the taking of skinfold measurements is a technique used to determine body fat composition. Regular skinfold testing can be valuable in tracking changes in body composition over time in response to dietary and training interventions.
Michelle is also a Certified Craving ChangeTM facilitator. Craving Change™ is a 4-part workshop for adults who struggle with problematic eating, including eating for comfort or eating in response to emotions. Developed by a dietitian and a psychologist, the Craving Change™ workshops teach you skills to change your behaviour and make better food choices.