‘He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything’ Arabian Proverb
Tess has a Bachelor of Health Science (Complementary Medicine), completed at Charles Sturt University (CSU), an Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine and Advanced Diploma of Western Herbal Medicine, completed at the Australasian College of Natural Medicine (ACNT).
Throughout the degree electives were studied in the areas of human reproductive biology, neuroscience, nutritional biochemistry, evidence based medicine, microbiology and immunology. Advanced diplomas of nutritional and western herbal medicine included studies in the areas of the philosophy, principles and practices of western herbal medicine, nutritional therapy and medical sciences including chemistry, biochemistry, anatomy and physiology and symptomatology and diagnosis, psychology, counseling and more.
Tess is a member of the National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA), which is the oldest complementary medicine association in Australia, being incorporated in 1920 and the only national professional body of medical herbalists.
Tess is passionate about using food as medicine and featured on Channel Ten’s cooking show ‘Ready Steady Cook’ in 2009 to promote the fact that “eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring...it’s just about making ‘better’ choices. Eating is about nourishment, we are what we eat and if we see food from this perspective we will become healthier people, reduce the load of chronic disease in society and obtain wellness”.
Tess Specialises in evidence based nutritional and herbal medicine with a personal touch:
• Natural fertility management – infertility, pre-conception plans for both partners
• Children’s health – frequent colds, flu’s, infections, under thriving children, nutritional plans
• Women’s health – hormonal imbalance, heavy periods, painful periods, PCOS, menopausal symptoms
• Weight loss and muscle gain plans, management and coaching
• Stress, depression and anxiety
• Immune system support, auto-immune diseases