Mark studied Science at UNSW with an Anatomy major, and Chiropractic at Sydney Chiropractic College (now Macquarie University) finishing in 1987 followed by a Graduate Diploma in Acupuncture in 1990. During the past 28 years Mark has run and directed a multi-disciplinary practice, Gymea Allied Health.
Mark has spent most of his life in the Sutherland Shire enjoying the parks, beaches and waterways. In his younger years he represented NSW in athletics which later developed into triathlon competition. He continues to mountain bike and swims weekly and is also a keen sailor. The remainder of his time is dedicated to his family, his wife and adult sons.
Mark in his 30 years practising has had the opportunity to study a large variety of muscular skeletal techniques and incorporates these into his treatment. These range from the nutritional aspects of muscular skeletal dysfunction to specialised acupuncture and trigger point techniques. Mark’s main passion however is the importance of posture, postural awareness, strengthening of the body and its relationship to spine degeneration.
Mark also runs our perect Posture program.
• Diversified manual adjusting
• Mulligans concept mobilisation (APA)
• Advanced dry needling (APA)
• Applied Kinesiology (AK)
• Soft tissue and trigger point therapy
• Primal reflex release technique (PRRT)
• Pilates - one on one and classes
• Biomesotherapy (saline injection)
• Frequency specific microcurrent (FSM)
• Onsite construction employee manual handling assessments and walk throughs
• WorkHab – Functional Capacity Evaluator
• OHS – Construction White card
• Sports Trainer – Sports Med Australia
• ASADA – Antidoping training
• Chiropractic and Osteopathic College of Australasia (COCA)
• Chiropractic Australia
• Australian Society of Bioregulatory Medicine
• Sports Medicine Australia
• Seeing patients progress, always top of the list!
• Involved in the pilot program for the implementation of the NSW-MVA management of whiplash associated disorders (WAD)
• Participated in a successful 3 year injury prevention program for “high risk workers” at the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO). This was directed at the “hot lab” isotope mixing and cyclotron staff and Lucas Heights and RPA Hospital Sydney.
• Organised a 12 month program at Qantas Domestic terminal for baggage handlers offering preventive injury management and support.
Mark also runs the Best Posture program, a workshop designed to teach and reinforce correct postural awareness for use in daily activities.
Numbers are limited so bookings are essential.
Where: The studio, 8e Faraday road, Padstow
When: Monday 6pm
Duration: 3 * 1hour sessions
Cost: $75 (rebates available)
Contact for bookings: Narelle